Pages

9.22.2015

DRRM Week 4: Personal Resilience

Personally, I feel that I follow the panarchy model of adaptive cycle in terms of personal resilience. Learning from the past mistakes, I try to re-organize myself to achieve a new set of goals which are mainly aimed for longer terms than the previous one. I try to turn a crisis into an opportunity with better and detailed work plan gained through academic learnings and practical experiences.


Evolutionary resilience: I believe that there are multiple levels of equilibrium within the systems in which it can bounce back. In addition, it can bounce back to ‘new normal’ as the previous situation would not be acceptable for the people who are living in the disaster-prone areas. However, the evolutionary resilience does not define the geographic perspective well. As disaster resilience analysis requires assimilation of physical as well as socio-economic information from many unique geographic locations, we need to consider both spatial and temporal perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment